Back to All Events

Ranking 3 & 4

Time Schedule

Saturday January 9

09:00-09:30 | Registration

09:35 | Skippers meeting

10:30 | First scheduled start

30 min before sunset | Last possible start

Sunday January 10

08:30-09:00 | Registration

09:00 | Skippers meeting

10:00 | First scheduled start

30 min before sunset | Last possible start

Regatta Status: RACE IS ON!

Update #3 | 2016-01-07

The Race is On!

The new ice on lake Mälaren south of Västerås was checked this morning and the result is positive! The whole area consists of 7 cm smooth black ice with some frost on top of it (see pictures below). It will grow substantially more before we start the racing on Saturday. 

Lanching site will be at Västerås Kanotförening (Björnövägen 78, Västerås). 


Available but many hotels are well booked, so it's "first-come-first-served" mentality.

Scandic Västerås (Race Committe Hotel)
Dynamic pricing (for a small discount use offer code: D554493361 or book via your "ICA-kort".
Tel: 021-495 58 00

Best Western Esplanade
Use offer code "isjakt"
Double room: SEK 950/night
SIngle room: SEK 800/night

First Hotel Plaza
Use offer code "isjakt" (-25%)
Double room: SEK 1 088/night
Single room: SEK 863/night

All hotels above have sauna ;)

Update #2 | 2016-01-06

We were hoping to make a final decision tonight but we will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. We need the a more accurate weather forecast. 

Highest priority at the moment is the wind forecast. A warm front is approaching towards the weekend with light winds and some snow/rain during Saturday and Sunday. Not the best and we hope the forecast algorithm is wrong, as it often is ;)

Current situation

Örebro (Hemfjärden) | >10 cm + 1-2 cm snow
Västerås (Björnö) | 3-4 cm
Sandviken (Storsjön) | >20 cm + 5-6 cm snow (powder)
Hudiksvallsfjärden | 9 cm + 3 cm snow

Norra Dellensjön | orekad nyis?
Asköviken | för liten
Sörfjärden | för liten
Fysingen | för liten
Ullnasjön | för liten

Update #1 | 2015-12-25

Some ice in Swe. BUT it's not safe enough yet. Lake Näkten is just half frozen, 5-10 cm. Up north in the Åre area it's similar with lakes around 10cm...luckily the forecast has changed a little to colder weather, so we hope that lakes further south will freeze before the race days.

Entry List

If you want to make a correction or change to your entry, please email

Earlier Event: January 7
Vaiko Clinic 2016
Later Event: February 27
Ranking 5 & 6