Back to All Events

Ranking 5 & 6


Time Schedule

Saturday February 27

09:30-10:00 | Registration

10:00 | Skippers meeting

11:00 | First scheduled start

30 min before sunset | Last possible start

Sunday February 28

08:30-09:00 | Registration

09:00 | Skippers meeting

10:00 | First scheduled start

15:00 | Last possible start


Regatta Status | Race is ON

Update #6 | 2016-02-26 [Map of race area]

Make sure to stay within the safe zone. We will do our best to mark out the dangerous parts during the race days.

Update #5 | 2016-02-26 | [NEW Accomodation offer]

Scandic Hotel Täby has offered us a nice discount on accomodation this weekend.
Single room: SEK 650/room/night
Double room: SEK 850/room/night

Use promo code "Isjaktstävling"/"Ice yacht race" when booking via phone to get this deal.
Tel. +46 (0)8-517 354 00

Update #4 | 2016-02-25 [NEW VENUE!]

Because of the light winds forecasted for Västerås we have decided to move the regatta to "Stora Värtan" in Täby just north of Stockholm. Launching site will be at the beach "Näsaängsbadet" (Sjövägen 28, Täby).

We will sail on the northern most part of Stora Värtan, open water if you go too far south. The race area is 17 cm thick, a little rough but no snow.

Accomodation info will be posted here tomorrow, but race office hotel will most likely be "Scandic Täby".

Update #3 | 2016-02-25 | Accomodation offer

Scandic Hotel Västerås has offered us a nice discount on accomodation this weekend.

Single room: SEK 650/room/night
Double room: SEK 850/room/night

Use promo code "Isjaktstävling"/"Ice yacht race" when booking via phone or email.

Tel. +46 (0)21-495 58 10 or email vasteras@scandichotels.com

Update #2 | 2016-02-24 | The Race is On

We have decided to place this event in Västerås on lake Mälaren, launching from "Västerås Kanotklubb" (Björnövägen 78, Västerås).

More info on accomodation, ice condition etc will follow soon.

Update #1 | 2016-02-23

We are down to two viable venue options, lake Mälaren in Västerås and lake Yngaren close to Nyköping. Both are "safe" but have a thin layer of snow on top which add some friction depending on temperature.

We will do our best to keep you updated on the evolving situation as we approach the weekend and hope we can make a final decision no later than Thursday evening. 

Entry List

If you want to make a correction or change to your entry, please email info@dnsweden.se

Earlier Event: January 9
Ranking 3 & 4
Later Event: March 12
Swedish Championship 2016