Regatta Status: ❌
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R1 & R2 regattas, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | DEC 10th
Less than a week until we hopefully will have the first Swedish regatta of the 2018 season.
It looks like we are heading for the area between Torsåker in the south and Hudiksvall in the north where some of the smaller lakes are sailable at the moment (7-15 cm ice with 0-2 cm snow).
Next update on Tuesday, stay tuned!
+ Update #2 | DEC 12th
Since the last update the entire presumed venue area has been hit by different amounts of snow, e.g. Lake Storsjön south of Hudiksvall is now covered by 10-15 cm of it and not an option any longer.
Our last hope is lake Malmjärn in Torsåker; +10 cm smooth ice covered by 6 cm semi-hard snow. The deciding factor will be the precipitation on Thursday, rain might save the day but snow would sadly be the last nail in the coffin...
Next update on Thursday, fingers crossed!
+ Update #3 | DEC 14th
We're sad to announce that the event is cancelled because we haven't got any sailable ice. Lake Malmjärn is covered by 8 cm heavy snow ("kram-snö") which we're pretty sure won't melt away before the weekend.
Hope we'll see you at our next event in a couple of weeks! Over 'n out!
Torsåkers Isseglarsällskap (Torsåker Ice Sailing Club) is located in the small village of Torsåker. The club, founded in 1994 is primarily devoted to DN sailing but also some Ice Optimist and Kitewing sailing.
Home venues are lake Malmjärn and lake Storsjön, a great place to host regattas of all sizes. The club is also the home of the legendary "Cruisingsektionen".