Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R5 & R6 regattas, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | Jan 19th
One week to go! The current ice situation in Sweden is a mixed bag of old snow covered ice and (thin) newly frozen black ice. Hopefully we will be able to have the regatta on lake Yngaren in Nyköping.
As always we are depending on a steady stream of new ice reports to make this event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Next update scheduled for Tuesday January 23rd.
+ Update #2 | Jan 23rd
A quick update... It looks quite promising for the weekend. The recent cold weather have improved conditions of the newly frozen ice of lake Mälaren, Stora Värtan and lakes around Nyköping (7-10 cm high quality black ice). But warmer weather and some rain is forecasted the days leading up to the event which might eliminate them from the viable site list, time will tell... On the other hand we have snow covered sites such as Storsjön in Årsunda which might become sailable again after some warm and wet weather...
We will give you a new update tomorrow evening, but the final decision will probably have to wait until Thursday. Stay tuned!
+ Update #3, Race is on! | Jan 24th
It's on! The regattas will if all goes well take place on Kisängsfjärden, lake Långhalsen outside Nyköping and launching site will be at the boat club in Kisäng (🅿️ on the map). We are not allowed to drive or park our cars on the beach, so it will be approx 50 m to walk from parking to the ice, please respect this!
As of today we have 14 cm smooth black ice with some water on top and the forecast looks promising.
We will post an update with info about accomodation and the Sailing Instructions at 19:00 tomorrow.
Safe journeys, see you soon!
+ Update #4 | Jan 25th
The Sailing Instructions are now published.
We are very happy to see such interest in the event, but with a small racing area we will likely engage point "7. Fleet Splitting" to ensure fair and safe racing.
Also, don't forget to fill in the entry form above. It really makes a difference to us 😀.
🛏 Sunlight Hotel, Nyköping
Single room: SEK 695 /room & night incl. breakfast
Double room: SEK 895 /room & night incl. breakfast
+ Regatta Dinner
🍽 Sunlight Hotel, Nyköping
All sailors are welcome to the dinner buffet at Sunlight Hotel 20:00 on Saturday. Price: SEK 160 excl. drinks
Oxelösunds Segelsällskap (Oxelösund's Sailing Association) is a club located in Oxelösund, a small city on the east coast 100 km south of Stockholm.
It's mainly a 'soft water' sailing club but since 2009 there's an in-house ice sailing section started by a group of DN sailors. As of today they are about 15 active DN sailors and there's also some Ice Opti activities going on. Home venues are the archipelago outside Oxelösund and nearby lakes such as Lake Glan.