Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R7 & R8 regattas, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | Feb 1st
A little more than a week to race weekend! The current ice situation in Sweden is complex with all sorts of different quality ice, sadly no "10/10". We are primarily searching for sites around Stockholm, but as usual we will strive to find the best ice Sweden has to offer!
And we are as always depending on a steady stream of new ice reports to make this event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Next update scheduled for Sunday February 4th.
+ Update #2 | Feb 4th
A few days to go and it's still looking promising we can go racing next weekend.
Although most of Sweden was hit by quite a massive snow dump last week, the area around Stockholm and lake Mälaren made it through rather well and it's likely this is where we will end up.
Dearly needed cold weather is forecasted the next couple of days 😎 .
Next update scheduled for Wednesday February 7th at 21:00(ish).
+ Update #3 | Feb 7th
The race is on!
We have three great options, "Blacken South" in Eskilstuna, "Blacken North" in Västerås and "Ekoln" in Uppsala. All different sites of lake Mälaren.
Ice conditions are similar with approx. 15 cm smooth ice with a very thin (millimeters) layer of snow.
Final decision will be made tomorrow evening (no later than 20:00) with regards to the weather forecast.
+ Update #4, Race is on! | Feb 8th
The regattas will take place on Ekoln, lake Mälaren south of Uppsala and launching site will be at a place called "Skarholmen" (🅿️ on the map).
As of today we have 10-15 cm smooth ice with a thin (mm) layer of light snow on top. On our way to the race area we will have to pass a crack, be careful with that one.
An update with info about accomodation and the Sailing Instructions will follow shortly.
Safe journeys, see you soon!
🛏 Scandic Uppsala Nord
Single room: SEK 950 /room & night incl. breakfast
Double room: SEK 1050 /room & night incl. breakfast
Triple room: SEK 1250 /room & night incl. breakfast
Quadrouple room: SEK 1450 /room & night incl. breakfast
Call +46 (0)18 495 23 10 or email email@example.com and use promo code "ISJ090218" to get the discounted price. Offer is valid until 18:00 today (Friday), after that you will have to book at the reception. Website & Google Maps
+ Regatta Dinner
🍽 Scandic Uppsala Nord
All sailors are welcome to the dinner buffet at Scandic Uppsala Nord 20:00 on Saturday. Booking in conjunction with regatta check-in. Price: SEK 245 excl. drinks
Entry List [manually updated]
Stockholms Isjaktklubb (Stockholm Ice Yacht Club) founded in 1901 is one of the oldest ice yacht clubs in the world. Today the club continues to be active and embrace the sport of ice sailing in Stockholm.
It is the home of many historical ice yachts of all sizes which members bring to the ice every winter. "Nora", the biggest ice yacht in Sweden can carry 8 people and weighs more than a 1 000 kg.
In competitive sailing it's all about the DN and Monotype XV. Home venue is 'Stora Värtan' in the inner Stockholm archipelago 10 km north of central Stockholm.