Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the Swedish Championship 2018, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | MAR 8th
The countdown to the 2018 Swedish DN Championship has begun!
The current ice situation is complex with all sorts of different quality ice and snow conditions. As always, we're dependent on a steady stream of fresh ice reports to make the event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to the regatta, wherever we'll end up!
📅 Next update scheduled for Sunday March 11th.
+ Update #2 | MAR 11th
It looks quite promising for next weekend, even though there hasn't been many reports of sailing during this one (most sites are still recovering from earlier snow fall).
Unstable weather with rain and snow is expected through Monday and Tuesday followed by colder and drier weather. Whether we get rain or snow will be decisive...
We are also happy to announce that the Class3 class will have their national championship in conjunction with us, sailing every other race on the same course.
📅 Next update scheduled for 20:00 Tuesday March 13th.
+ Update #3 | MAR 13th
We've extensively narrowed down the potential site area due to snow still covering most of our frozen "playgrounds".
But on the bright side (😉), it has been raining across the area between Stockholm and Linköping clearing the snow off Stora Värtan, Glan, Roxen etc. and we're expecting fresh reports from those sites tomorrow.
Weather seems to be cold and dry ahead, so we will hopefully have some sort of decision by tomorrow as well.
📅 Next update scheduled for 21:00 Wednesday March 14th.
+ Update #4, Race is on! | MAR 14th
The championship will take place on lake Glan west of Norrköping and launching site will be at a beach called "Skarsättersbadet" in Svärtinge (🅿️ on the map).
As of today we have a big sailing area of 25-30 cm thick "grey ice" with a hard and clear surface without any snow or major cracks. And according to the weather forecast it will only get better!
An update with info about accomodation etc will follow tomorrow March 15th.
Safe journeys, see you soon! 🙌
🛏 Best Western Princess Norrköping
Single room: SEK 600 /room & night incl. breakfast
Double room: SEK 800 /room & night incl. breakfast
Call +46 (0)11 285 840 and use promo code "isjakt" or "ice yacht" to get the discounted price. Google Maps
+ Regatta Dinner
🍽 Tapas Bar La Uva
All sailors are welcome to the regatta dinner at Tapas Bar La Uva 20:00 on Saturday, just around the corner from the Best Western Hotel. Booking in conjunction with regatta check-in. Price: approx SEK 200 excl. drinks