Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R1 & R2 2019, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | DEC 3rd
We are less than two weeks away from the first Swedish DN regatta of the 2019 season!
The current ice situation is complex with a few sailable lakes scattered across the area between Uppsala and Östersund. The thickest ones are approx. 10 cm and free from snow. The upcoming weather will, as per usual, decide where (or if) we go racing.
We are dependent on a steady stream of fresh ice reports to make the event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the this Facebook group or send an email to email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to the regatta, wherever we'll end up!
📅 Next update scheduled for Sunday December 9th.
+ Update #2 | DEC 9th
Although we haven't seen much activity on Swedish ice this weekend, we are still hopeful the cold weather will return next week and rebuild the ice which lately has been battered by rain and warm temperatures.
Fingers crossed it will get cold and dry! 🤞🍾😉
📅 Next update scheduled for Wednesday December 12th.
+ Update #3 | DEC 12th
We are now down to only one viable option, lake Malmjärn in Torsåker. It's a small lake (approx. same size as Kisängsfjärden where R5 & R6 were held last season), the ice is 9-12 cm thick and covered by a very thin (1 mm) layer of snow.
We will wait with the final decision whether to race or not until tomorrow with regard to the weather forecast.
Stay tuned, as they say! 📻👀
📅 Next update Thursday December 13th.
+ Update #4 [Race is ON] | DEC 13th
The event will take place on lake Malmjärn south of Torsåker and launching site will be at a beach on the northern shore (🅿️ on the map).
An update with info about accomodation etc will follow shortly.
Safe journeys, see you soon! 🙌
🛏 🍽 We are (sadly) not the only ones going to the Sandviken area this weekend, which makes finding a good place for all of us to sleep a little tricky. So we will do like this: You will all, individually, need to find and book your own accommodation in the area and we will aim to arrange a regatta dinner in Sandviken on Saturday evening (more info to come...).
Görvälns Isjaktklubb (Görvälns Ice Yacht Club) is based in Järfälla 20 km northwest of central Stockholm. Home venues are the bay of Görväln on lake Mälaren and the small but often early frozen lake Fysingen.