Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R3 & R4 2019, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | DEC 28th
It's soon time for racing again, one week to go!
The current ice situation is as complicated as always with a few sailable spots between Nyköping in the south and Sandviken to the north. The upcoming weather will, as per usual, decide where (or if) we go racing.
We are dependent on a steady stream of fresh ice reports to make the event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the this Facebook group or send an email to email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to the regatta, wherever we'll end up!
📅 Next update scheduled for Sunday December 30th.
+ Update #2 | DEC 30th
Not much to report since the last update, we will have to wait a few more days. But it looks promising!
Also, as you might have seen, we are having a member training clinic Thursday to Friday ahead of the regatta. This event will not necessarily be held at the same place.
Happy New Year! 🥂
📅 Next update Tuesday January 1st.
+ Update #3 | JAN 1st
Good news! We are fairly certain that the race will be called on!
We are mainly looking at two promising venue options; lake Galten (Mälaren) in Kungsör and lake Storsjön in Årsunda.
Lake Galten has a near perfect ice, 9-10 cm thick, but the area is limited by a shipping lane which makes a course longer than 1.6 km hard to fit. Given the interest in this event, that might be a slight problem.
Lake Storjön does not have any shipping lanes crossing it, but the surface is a little rough and bumpy and the sailable area is limited by "too rough" ice near the shores.
Hopefully we will have a decision tomorrow evening, be ready!
📅 Next update Wednesday January 2nd.
+ Update #4 [Race is ON] | JAN 2nd
The event will take place on the bay of Galten, the western most part of lake Mälaren and launching site will be at Skillingeudd Beach in Kungsör (🅿️ on the map).
The ice is at the moment near perfect and approx 10 cm thick. But be aware of the open water shipping lane which crosses the lake in an east-westerly direction. We will post a chart showing the "danger zones" in the next update along with some other practical information.
Safe journeys, see you soon! 🙌
+ Update #5 | JAN 3rd
📄 The Sailing Instructions have been published.
❗️ Also, here are a two of things we want you to remember:
NoR 5.3 Ahead of registration, please complete the NIA Sailing Rules Test and show your results to the registrator.
NoR 3.3 There is mandatory attendance required at the Skippers’ Meetings.
We recommend staying in Eskilstuna, approx 20 min drive from the ice. Here are two suggestions:
Görvälns Isjaktklubb (Görvälns Ice Yacht Club) is based in Järfälla 20 km northwest of central Stockholm. Home venues are the bay of Görväln on lake Mälaren and the small but often early frozen lake Fysingen.