Regatta Status: ✅
+ General Information
Welcome to the DN Sweden R7 & R8 2019, here is some information which we hope you will find useful before and during the regatta.
- Sailing instructions // The sailing instructions are available here at dnsweden.se. Please note that we will not hand out copies at the event.
- Parking // Park your car in a designated car park if possible. If parking in the terrain is necessary, please drive carefully and park responsibly.
- Toilets // We rarely have access to toilets at our regattas, please act responsibly if nature calls.
- Food // Bring your own lunch & snacks. And remeber to stay hydrated, we recommend you bring a thermos with your hot beverage of choice.
- Trash // The goal is to leave the venue in the same or better shape than when we arrived. Please take care of your own trash and make sure nothing is left behind.
- Our Volunteers // Perhaps our most important asset, without them we wouldn't be able to organize events like these. Please be kind to them and if you for some reason get frustrated, don't let it go over them. They are trying their best to help us. We are happy to get feedback, feel free to e-mail email@example.com.
- Social Media // To make it easier for our friends and fans (mostly friends…😝) to follow the event we would like you to use the hashtag #dnsweden in your social media posts from this event. The Race Committee will also continously post information and images in the "DN Sweden" Facebook group.
+ Update #1 | FEB 24th
It's soon time for racing again, hopefully!
The current ice situation combined with the (predicted) warm days ahead isn't particularly promising but we will of course do our best to seek out a sailable venue for the weekend.
We are dependent on a steady stream of fresh ice reports to make the event happen, all ice scouting is greatly appreciated. Please post your reports in the this Facebook group or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming all of you to the regatta, wherever we'll end up!
📅 Next update scheduled for Tuesday February 26th.
+ Update #2 | FEB 26th
Good news! We have made a preliminary decision to organize the regatta on lake Storsjön outside Sandviken launching from Korsika Beach in Kungsgården.
The ice is approx 30 cm thick and as of today sailable until midday whereafter the warm weather makes the surface too soft. Luckily for us, it will be colder by the end of the week!
The main issue we need to solve is accommodation. Due too the national holiday "Sportlovet" and a motorsport event on the same lake, many hotels and hostels are fully booked for the weekend.
📅 A definitive final decision will be posted tomorrow Wednesday before 20:00, stay tuned!
📸 : Landracing.se
+ Update #3 [Race is ON] | Feb 27th
The event will take place on lake Storsjön and launching site will be at Korsikabadet (Korsika Beach) in Kungsängen (🅿️ on the map).
The ice is in good condition and approx 30 cm thick. Be aware of the motorsports event taking place on the lake, they have a 4 km drag racing strip northbound between Årsunda Strandbad and the small island in the middle of the lake (see map above) which we shall stay away from.
As mentioned in a previous update, it's hard to find a place nearby where all of us could stay overnight. The race committe will stay at Gysinge herrgård, approx 45 min drive from the launching site and competitors are more than welcome to join as well.
There are a few rooms available at Scandic CH in Gävle as well.
- Gysinge Herrgård Single Room: 600 kr/night Double Room: 1200 kr/night
Hope to see you soon! 🙌
+ Update #4 | Mar 1st
📄 The Sailing Instructions have been published. The IceOpti class has been cancelled due to too few entries.
❗️ Also, here are a two things we want you to remember:
NoR 5.3 Ahead of registration, please complete the NIA Sailing Rules Test and show your results to the registrator.
NoR 3.3 There is mandatory attendance required at the Skippers’ Meetings.