Back to All Events

Swedish Championship 2016

Time Schedule

Saturday March 12

09:30-10:00 | Registration

10:00 | Skippers meeting

11:00 | First scheduled start

30 min before sunset | Last possible start

Sunday March 14

09:00 | Skippers meeting

10:00 | First scheduled start

15:00 | Last possible start

16:00 | Prize giving ceremony

Regatta Status: Race is on!

Update #5 | 2016-03-10 [Race is ON!]

Great news everybody, the regatta will be held on lake Mälaren in Västerås. Launching site will be by the bridge to Björnö (Björnövägen 26, Västerås). Ice conditions are fair, a little rough but definitely fine for sailing. But be aware that the conditions may change quickly this late in the season. 

There are lots of accomodation options in Västerås. Race committee will stay at "Scandic Västerås" where we have got a special deal. 

Double room: SEK 850/room/night
Single room: SEK 750/room/night

Book via phone +46 (0)21 495 5810 and tell them you are there for the ice boat regatta.

See you soon!

Update #4 | 2016-03-07 [Standby]

We haven't seen many ice reports yet, Västerås seems promising and will be checked tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Update #3 | 2016-02-12 [Regatta Postponed]

Sadly we had to make the decision to postpone the regatta to a later date due to the growing layer of snow and light winds predicted for the weekend.

More info on a new attempt to organize the 2016 Swedish Championship will follow soon.

Update #2 | 2016-02-11

We have great conditions on lake Storsjön, Sandviken. But unfortunately the weather forecast is somewhat problematic with some snowfall predicted tomorrrow and very light winds during the weekend.

We don't want to surrender yet though, the forecasts have been wrong many times before. So... we have decided to postpone the final decision to no later than 12:00 tomorrow in hope of a better weather forecast.

We know this might conflict with the planning for some of you, but we are prepared to delay the start of racing on saturday to give you more time to get ready.

Update #1 | 2016-02-09

We will most likely have a regatta this weekend, 90% sure of that. We have a couple of options where to go but the weather forecast seems quite insecure, switching between favorable and poor... Because of that, we will wait until Thursday to choose the exact venue.

These are our options:

30 cm black ice, surface quality varies but mostly dry and a little bit rough.

20 cm black ice, surface quality varies but mostly dry and a little bit rough.

30-40 cm grey/black ice, surface is smooth but very wet.

Will be checked today, but approx 20 cm mixed quality ice.

If you know of any other possibilities, please contact us via email or Facebook

Entry List

If you want to make a correction or change to your entry, please email

Earlier Event: February 27
Ranking 5 & 6
Later Event: December 17
R1 & R2 | 2017